I am pretty sure that I was more excited for this alphabet car wash preschool letter activity than my son was. I am always amazed at the many uses a single toy can have.
Caleb, my preschool son, is working on his alphabet recognition skills mainly the lower case letters.
In order to help him, I put together a quick alphabet game that he can play with his sister. It is called Alphabet Car Wash.
J, my kindergarten daughter, has been working on her writing skills and so I was happy that this activity is such a great fit for them.
Sure she knows all her preschool letters and is working on her reading skills but those pesky ‘b’ and ‘d’ letters are such a nuisance.
This activity is great for anyone working on:
- alphabet recognition (upper and or lower case)
- writing the letters of the alphabet
- fine motor skills
What You Need To Play
In order to play our fun alphabet game, you will need the following: (please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience)
Oh and don’t forget a container to put water in.
Transportation Books to Read
Amazing Machines: Truckload of FunNational Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Things That Go (National Geographic Little Kids First Big Books)If I Built a CarPete the Cat: Go, Pete, Go!How to Draw Cars, Trucks, Planes, and Other Things That Go!: Learn to Draw Step by Step for Kids (Step-by-Step Drawing Books)
How To Play Alphabet Car Wash
- Place a few alphabet tiles in a small container and allow your first player to pick a tile.
- Allow them to read the letter to you quietly so that player 2 does not hear.
- Player 1 draws the letter on the car and hands it to player 2.
- Player 2 then reads the letter. If read correctly, the car can be washed.
See, a fun game that both a preschooler (and even a toddler) can play together with a kindergartner. Before I forget, you may want to keep a towel handy in case it gets a bit wet. You have been warned.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the #toolsforlearning team and how they use small toys to teach.
- Car Parking Lot Preschool Math Grid Game from Life Over C’s
- Alphabet Car Wash from Learning 2 Walk
- Sorting and Counting with Die-Cast Trains from Crafty Mama in ME
- Directionality Activity with Small Cars from Teach Me Mommy
- Forest Animals Letter Sounds Activity from Stir the Wonder
- Learning Shapes with Toy Cars from Adventures of Adam
- What Makes Ice Melt Fastest from Raising Little Superheroes
- Fun DIY Phonics Game from Mum in the Madhouse
- What Do Animals Eat? Classification Activity from Schooling a Monkey
- Color Mixing with Toy Cars from The Kindergarten Connection
- AM and PM Time Telling with Shopkins from Sugar Aunts
- Sorting Animals Venn Diagram Activity from Mom Inspired Life
- Hands-on Way to Learn Letter Sounds from School Time Snippets
- Fairies & STEM Activities: Gardening with Kids from Edventures with Kids
- Name & Letter Practice: A Painting With Toy Car Activity from Play Dough & Popsicles
- Learning Letters & Reading With Cars! from Preschool Powol Packets
- Shopkins Sorting from Still Playing School