This fun apple fine and gross motor skills game is sure to be a hit with your kids.
Growing up in Jamaica, we always created ring games when we were outside. A ring game is simply a game played with a group of children outside. Perhaps later on I will share a few of them with you. Most of the time, they made absolutely no sense but they were always entertaining.
Today I will be sharing with you an apple fine and gross motor skills game that I created for J so that she can develop these skills further.
Fun Apple Fine and Gross Motor Skills Game
First, print out the 123 red apple instruction cards on cardstock as well as the 123 Red Apple sign. Cut out the instructions card and create a deck. Glue the 1,2,3 Red Apple sign to a popsicle stick for easy handling.
How To Play the APPLE FINE AND GROSS MOTOR SKILLS GAME
Aim: To allow your preschooler to get as close to you as possible.
1. Stand at one end of the room if you are indoors. If you are playing outdoors, then ensure that there is a sizeable distance between yourself and your child.
Create a marker for where your child should start as well as where you will be standing. This will be the finish line for the game.
2. Tell your preschooler not to move until you turn your back. Once your back is turned, you are going to call out,” 1, 2, 3 Red Apple!” and then lift up your red apple sign to signify that your preschooler has to stop moving wherever they are.
While your back is turned, your preschooler will be inching up closer and closer to the finish line (you).
3. You then hand your preschooler the deck of cards and read the first instruction. One example of this is, “JUMP”. Your preschooler then has to jump on the spot.
4. Return to your spot and turn your back and repeat steps 1 to step 3.
5. The game is complete when your child has made it to the finish line.
You may even want to create additional instructions to the game if you would like.
Plan your learning week with Preschool Apple Theme Activities from the Playful Preschool Education Team:
SOCIAL STUDIES From Orchard to Table. Watch and Make at The Educators’ Spin On It
SCIENCE Examining Apple Parts, How Does It Grow, Sink/Float at Little Bins For Little Hands
MATH Counting Apples with Preschoolers: Real-Life Math at Life Over C’s
WRITING Scented Playdough Pre-Writing Activity at Preschool Toolbox
LITERACY Alphabet Activity: Apple Tree Letter Matching at Mom Inspired Life
Alphabet Learning: Apple Stamping at Growing Book by Book
Apple-Bet Match : Matching Lowercase with Upper Case Letters at Tiny Tots Adventures
SENSORY Applesauce Dough for Sensory Play at Still Playing School
COOKING How to Make Homemade Apple Pie – Cooking with Preschoolers at Powerful Mothering
SCIENCE Apple Oxidation Experiment at Raising Lifelong Learners