Back to School Tip #1: Picture DayLittle kids are busy and never sit still when you want them to however we were able to get some pictures done granted C cried through the entire session so I will not be sharing his. What can I say, my son is a little diva. J however smiled and did her silly faces in true J-like style. Our photoshoot plan was pretty simple: I asked them to hold up a blank surface and then edited it to place what grades they will be going in. Instead, I came up with this:
Back to School Tip #2: Talk About ItJ hates surprises and loves to be eased into things. I have previously made mistakes of not telling her that she had family coming to visit and she sat and stared at them for over an hour- I decided to do all changes smoothly from then on. Every day for about 2 weeks I would remind her and say, “You are growing up! Did you know that you start kindergarten soon?” This clearly worked as everyone J comes into contact with now knows she is in kindergarten and she is so excited about it.
Back to School Tip #3: Special BreakfastOn the 6th of July (the night before our first day) I asked J what she wanted for her special breakfast. Her response was hotdogs and so she got hotdogs for breakfast. I am not sure who was more surprised- her because she got what she requested or me because I gave her what she requested.
Back to School Tip #4: Choose School Supplies TogetherMy daughter is a stationery junkie just like her mommy. When the chance came for her to choose what binders, crayons etc. she wanted she was so excited and I was so thankful that I was experiencing this with her. If you want a peak at our list, trust me its not all pens and pencils, then simply click OUR BACK TO HOMESCHOOL CHECK LIST. How do you prepare for back to school even if you don’t homeschool? Don’t forget to check out what the other members of the #teachECE team has for you.
———>UPDATES: have you checked out the nsh worksheets collective?
- There is no longer a free printable library.
- All free printable worksheets (including paid products) are now in the NSH Worksheets Collective which is hosted on THINKIFIC.
- The cost is $25 for life.
- There are no free printables to download from the site but the posts will include how to use them.
- All the DOWNLOAD BUTTONS are being switched out slowly and they all lead to a 404 page encouraging you to sign up for the NSH Worksheets Collective.
- Back to School Tips for Parents PLUS Visual Morning Chart! by The Preschool Toolbox Blog
- Starting Kindergarten-Books and Activities by Capri + 3
- Back to School: Starting Routines by Tiny Tots Adventures
- Make Back to School Books to Ease the Transition by Fun-A-Day
- Preparing for Preschool: Creative Center in a Box by Powerful Mothering
- How to Plan for Preschool at Home by Mom Inspired Life
- Supporting Preschool Learning at Home by Rainy Day Mum
- How to use Preschool Busy Boxes by Munchkins and Moms
- Prepare a Hands-On Preschool at Home by Life Over C’s
- Setting Literacy Goals by Growing Book by Book
- Traditional Preschool or Homeschool Preschool or Both? by Still Playing School
- Teaching Preschool at Home by Raising Lifelong Learners
- Preparing for School Brings Emotions for Both Parents and Children by The Educator’s Spin On It