I love simple hands on learning activities! I have been thinking of a way to help J work on her counting skills but I needed it to last longer that a regular printable. This prompted me to create our bird fun math games for the numbers 1 to 20, this will be the first of many themed counting fun kids math games.
BIRD FUN KIDS MATH GAME
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
- Cardstock for printing
- Printer (we absolutely love our Epson Stylus NX530 )
- Protective Sheets
- Dry Erase Markers
- Bird Counting Sheets (at the end of this post)
- Print the Bird counting sheets and slip them into the protective sheet.
- Cut out the number cards. You can either cut out all 20 or just the numbers you want to work on. I created this feature so that I can adapt it for both my preschooler and kindergartner.
- Place all the cards that you cut up in a deck in random order.
HOW TO PLAY
- Pick a number from the stack of cards.
- Use the dry erase marker to color the correct amount of birds on the sheet.