Congrats, you have made it to Day 10: Bugs Beginning Sounds Worksheets! This is the last day of the 10 Days of Teaching Phonics series! This series was created to help you introduce letter sounds as well as short vowels to your kids. So whip out your free Simple Lesson Planner for Printables and add this to your list of activities for next week.
Let me now do a quick recap of everything that has been covered:
- 10 Days of Teaching Phonics (what is phonics, when to teach your kids as well)
- Resources To Help With Teaching Phonics (technology isn’t all bad)
- Free Letter Sound Cards and a few games to help you use them
- Learning about the Short Vowel Sounds
- Farm Short /a/ Words Worksheets
- Ocean Animals Short /e/ Words Worksheets
- Pets Short /i/ Words Worksheets
- Goldilocks Short /o/ Worksheets
- Fruits and Vegetables Short /u/ Worksheets
And just in case you missed it, there have also been complete packs for the short vowel words.
These can be found on the NSH Worksheets Collective!
Bugs Beginning Sounds Worksheets
Please note that affiliate links are used below to help you find everything that I mentioned.
To create this activity for your kids, you need a few things first. The download link to the worksheets can be found at the end of the post.
The Big Book of Bugs (The Big Book Series)Ultimate Bugopedia: The Most Complete Bug Reference Ever (National Geographic Kids)Bugs A to ZThe Backyard Bug Book for Kids: Storybook, Insect Facts, and ActivitiesNational Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Bugs (National Geographic Little Kids First Big Books)Hello, World! Backyard BugsRESTCLOUD Insect and Butterfly Net with 12#1 M-jump 3 Pack Colored Telescopic Butterfly Nets – Great for Catching Insects Bugs Fishing – Outdoor Toy for Kids Playing – Extendable from 6.8
Preparing and Using the Bugs Beginning Sounds Worksheets
First, print the Bugs Beginning Sounds Worksheets (at the end of this post).
Second, cut out the sound bugs with the paper trimmer. You can also use a pair of scissors, the trimmer is faster.
Third, have your child sort the bugs according to the mat.
Fourth, let your child check to see if they sorted correctly.
Other Ways To Use The Bugs Beginning Sounds Worksheets
- Use the letter sound bugs cards that you have previously cut out. Have your child MATCH these cards with the letter tiles.