Winter brings snow, freezing temperatures and increased indoor activities. This week I will share with you one of our bugs fun kids math games that I used to help my kids get rid of a few extra wiggles while they learn. To be honest, whenever I see my kids acting a little stir crazy I tend to simply ask them to do random crazy stuff such as hop on one leg and wiggle your tongue- hey, it works for us.
BUGS FUN KIDS MATH GAMES
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
- Cardstock for printing
- Printer (we absolutely love our Epson Stylus NX530 )
- Game pieces (coin, counting bear etc)
- Bugs game board (at the end of this post)
HOW TO PLAY
- Print the game board on cardstock and choose your players.
- To determine the playing order, allow all the players to roll the dice. The person who rolls the highest number will be player 1 and whoever rolls the lowest number will be the last player. If a tie occurs, simply allow those players to roll again.
- Player 1 rolls the dice, counts the dots (or subitize if he can) and moves the number of spaces on the board game.
- If a player lands on an action, they have to do it in order to continue.
- The first person to reach END wins.
- Great Day for Up Reading Game from Growing Book by Book
- Beginning Sound Movement Game from Mom Inspired Life
- Beginning Letter Sounds Tunnel Gross Motor Game from Capri +3
- Move Like an Insect Gross Motor Activity from Life Over C’s
- Walkin’ In The Jungle Gross Motor and Sequencing for Preschool! from The Preschool Toolbox
- Bug Shapes (Bugs Fun Kids Math Games) from Learning 2 Walk
- UNO Movement Game for Kids from Still Playing School