I love creating new activities from old preschool letter worksheets! This week’s challenge for #toolsforlearning is using toy money for learning . Once I heard this, I decided to revamp a set of my old worksheets to create a set of coin preschool letter worksheets. At first I was going to create a set of alphabet cards but wanted something bigger that he can carry around when his sister does her work.
COIN PRESCHOOL LETTER WORKSHEETS
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
- Cardstock for printing
- Printer (we absolutely love our Epson Stylus NX530 )
- Protective Sleeves
- Coin preschool letter worksheets(at the end of the post)
HOW TO PLAY
- Print out all the coin worksheets on cardstock or regular paper.
- Place them into protective sleeves and put them into the binder.
- Allow your preschooler to use the coins to fill in the circles to create each letter.
C did several pages until he got bored. I can also see us using these worksheets several times- all we have to do is use different manipulatives such as rainbow bears or snap cubes.
HOW TO USE THE COIN WORKSHEETS IN A CLASSROOM
If you wanted to use these sheets in a classroom setting you would have to do the one of the following:
- Print back and front on each page.
- Print each page in either multiples or even as a booklet. Multiples allows 4 typical pages on one page.
- Print the pages in black and white to save on colored ink.
- If you don’t want to buy the toy coins you can use real pennies.
There is absolutely no excuse not to recreate this fun preschool letter recognition activity.
Here are a few more toy money activities for you to try this week:
- Coin Counting Game from Still Playing School
- Coin Preschool Letter Worksheets from Learning 2 Walk
- Counting with Gold Coins from Line Upon Line Learning
- Money Grid Game from School Time Snippets
- Simple Coin Sorting Activity for Kids from Something 2 Offer
- Gold in the Rainbow Discovery Bin from Play & Learn Everyday
- Fill the Piggy Bank – A Money Game for Kids from The Kindergarten Connection
- Teaching Kids How to Count Change with Money from Sugar Aunts
- Design a Coin from Schooling a Monkey
- Coin Flip Ten Frame Activity from Lalymom
Free Preschool Letter B Printables
Saturday 5th of March 2022
[…] 2) Coin Themed Alphabet Preschool Worksheet […]
Design a Coin Activity for Kids - Schooling a Monkey
Wednesday 2nd of March 2016
[…] Coin Preschool Letter Worksheets from Learning 2 Walk […]