Do you have any construction themed mini erasers lying around? Today I am going to share with you the construction site preschool letter activity sensory bin that I created for my son to work on those pesky lowercase letters. C is working on those lower case letters and he is getting the hang of them but I still wanted to reinforce them while making learning fun. Seeing that the arctic preschool letter hunt was such a success, I decided to see if he would like this one.
Once Caleb saw his bin, he went a little crazy. He started by trying to step into the bin (my poor container) and so I now know I need to get a larger and sturdier container to facilitate his ‘explorative’ needs. Once he got used to the beans in the bin he realized that there were letter tiles in there and so promptly shouted out each letter. If I failed to look, he simply came up to me and held my face and said the letter.
Naturally, Jael saw how much fun he was having and wanted a few mini erasers of her own. Instead of finding anything, she simply played with the different erasers and tried scooping up the beans.
CONSTRUCTION SITE PRESCHOOL LETTER ACTIVITY SENSORY BIN SUPPLIES
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
Here’s what you need:
- navy beans
Construction Site Preschool Letter Activity Play
As I said before, this game is pretty similar to our arctic preschool letter hunt that we did recently. The only difference is that we worked on lowercase and Jael, my kindergartner didn’t participate.
To re-create our activity this is what you need to do:
- Place all the lower case letter tiles at the base of the container and add the navy beans to cover.
- Allow your preschooler to use their fingers to search for the letters.
- Once a letter is found, allow them to shout it out as loud as they can.
More Mini Eraser Activities
- Fill the Jar Addition Game with Mini Erasers from Life Over C’s
- Sticky Ten Frames from Still Playing School
- Construction Site Preschool Letter Sensory Bin from Learning 2 Walk
- Mini Eraser Counting Game: Race to Fill the Cup from Mom Inspired Life
- Kindergarten Patterns from Sugar Aunts
- Valentine’s Day Grid Math Game with Mini Erasers from Stir the Wonder
- Emotions I Spy Bag from Adventures of Adam
- Valentine’s Puppies Roll and Cover Game from Simple Fun For Kids
- Lots-of-Love Heart Sight Word Game from Raising Little Superheroes
- Stack the Erasers Fine Motor Math Game from School Time Snippets
- Sensory Heart Tic Tac Toe from Mum in the Madhouse
- Adding up to Five Activity from Play & Learn Everyday
- Number Bonds Activity Using Mini Erasers from Lalymom
- Mini Erasers Busy Box from Teach me Mommy