My daughter loves learning about animal facts and then telling them to me. One of her favorite sets of animals (besides rainforest animals is desert animals. Being the mommy that I am, I wanted to see how much she knew about where animals live. I also wanted to help her work on her fine motor skills and so I created this fun Desert Animal Cut and Paste Sort for her.
Desert Animal Books to Check Out from Your Library
(Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
Creatures of the Desert WorldDesert Animals and Plants for Kids: Habitat Facts, Photos and Fun | Children’s Environment Books EditionMany Biomes, One EarthWhy Oh Why Are Deserts Dry?: All About Deserts (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)Way Out in the DesertWhat Animals Live in the Desert? Animal Book 4-6 Years Old | Children’s Animal BooksWelcome Home, Bear: A Book of Animal HabitatsWho Pooped in the Sonoran Desert? – Scat and Tracks for KidsWho Lives Here? Desert Animals
- Desert Animals Cut and Paste Sort pack (at the end of the post)
USING THE DESERT ANIMAL CUT AND PASTE SORT PACK
- Print both the board game (main sorting page) as well as the animals.
- Cut out the animals and have your child identify them.
- Let them tell you as much as they can and be sure to see if they know where they live.
- Have them sort the animals under the two categories: lives in the desert and do not live in the desert.
- Once sorted, they can glue the animals in their respective sections.
Try some of these desert animal activities in your desert animal lesson plan!