Dinosaurs seem to be on my daughter’s mind- in particular fossils and being an archaeologist, I give credits to The Magic School Bus. Today I am sharing our free dinosaur preschool worksheets which is a great way for early learners to explore the dinosaur theme and have fun.
Remember that these free dinosaur printables can be used in your homeschool or in a preschool classroom.
Free Dinosaur Preschool Worksheets
These dinosaur free printable worksheets are filled with dinosaur activities that will help your little paleontologists work on:
- fine motor skills
- math skills such as number recognition
- literacy skills
- memory skills with our dinosaur memory game
- identification (identifying the different dinosaurs)
What’s Inside the dinosaur preschool printable packet?
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
Below you will find a supply list with all the common things you may need when using these dinosaur preschool printable worksheets.
Inside this 33 page dinosaurs theme pack, you can find:
- Lacing cards
- A-Z Playdough Alphabet Mats (for both cases)
- Cutting/ Tracing Pages
- Colour by Number
- dinosaur puzzles
- Math Cards
Dinosaur Books to Read With the Dinosaur Preschool Worksheets
Dinosaur Videos for Kids to Watch
Below you will find a few videos that your kids can watch that will further expose them to the world of dinosaurs! As always, please ensure that you have watched these videos beforehand as they may have changed since I wrote this post.
- Bippi Dinosaur Surprise Egg Hunt
- Learn about Dinosaurs for Kids
- Giant Dinosaur Adventures
- Magic School Bus DVD- Dinosaurs
Dinosaur Craft Ideas
If you are looking for a few dinosaur craft ideas, be sure to check out this Letter D Craft from Sight and Sound Reading.
Other places to check out are Rainy Day Mum’s Fun and Easy Dinosaur Crafts
HOW WE USED OUR DINOSAUR PRESCHOOL WORKSHEETS
Instead of lacing the cards, we used clear circle counters to cover each spot. However, regular lace can be used or even a piece of yarn with tape wrapped around one end.
The tracing pages were slipped into a protective sheet so that we could use a dry erase marker. I actually prefer this method so that we can redo the activity. We also printed an extra set and used scissors to cut along the lines.
Playdough can also be used to follow the lines as it is a great fine motor and pencil grasp development tool.
Quick Sensory Tip:
Don’t forget that you can create a dinosaur sensory bin by adding a few plastic dinosaurs or any toy dinosaurs and place them in a bin or water or even dried rice!The math cards were used as regular clip cards with a clothespin but it can easily be adapted as a regular page. Simply slip it into a protective sheet and use a dry erase marker or a dry erase crayon!
Other Dinosaur Activities on No Stress Homeschooling
Here’s a link to all of the other dinosaur activities found on the blog. These include pretend play ideas, other activity packs, and transitional kindergarten activities. Enjoy!
- There is no longer a free printable library.
- All free printable worksheets (including paid products) are now in the NSH Worksheets Collective which is hosted on THINKIFIC.
- The cost is $25 for life.
- There are no free printables to download from the site but the posts will include how to use them.
- All the DOWNLOAD BUTTONS are being switched out slowly and they all lead to a 404 page encouraging you to sign up for the NSH Worksheets Collective.