My kids love discovering the world around them and with Spring in full bloom, it is the perfect time for bug nightmares to increase. Yes, J still has an intense dislike for bugs especially mosquitoes. She has however conquered her fear of ants, and so we have started learning about them. Today I will share with you this dot marker race called Dot the Ant Body Parts.
Let’s face it; my kids are too young to write a paper on the body parts of an ant or what each part does. They, however, have an awesome ability to soak up information said to them in song, games, and of course videos. They also love using dot markers- something I secretly dread. It made sense to create a dot marker ant science lesson.
ANT DOT MARKER RACE SUPPLIES
Before you can start all the fun, you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
- Parts of An Ant Mini Pack (at the end of this post)
How To Play the Ant Dot Marker Race
- Print a page for each player as well as an answer key for yourself.
- If your kids are not familiar with the parts of an ant, show them your answer key and talk about the parts.
- Do a test run without the dot markers. Call out a body part and have them identify it with their finger.
- Once you are sure they know most or all of the parts, have them race to find the parts that you call out.
- Whoever identifies all the body parts first and correctly, wins.
When they were done, the activity ended up like this:
Try these other dot marker activities
Dot Marker Race: Dot the Ant Body Parts from Learning 2 Walk
Jellyfish Preschool Craft from Preschool Powol Packets
Visual Scanning Dot Marker Activity from Sugar Aunts