This rainforest alphabet game is sure to be a hit with your kids. Learning to recognize the letters of the alphabet in any context can be a bit tricky for a preschooler- especially when they are written differently.
C loves shouting out the letters he sees as well as adding the sounds. For example, he will say, “P-puh” for the letter P. I created these find the hidden preschool letters activity for our rainforest alphabet theme to help him. They are similar to the Pets Game: Find The Hidden Numbers that I did recently.
Rainforest Alphabet Game
A Few Resources to Help With The Rainforest Alphabet Game
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
Safari Ltd Rainforest TOOBExplore My World Rain Forests3-D Explorer: Rain ForestDK Eyewitness Books The Amazon: Step into the World’s Largest Rainforest and Learn All There is to Know About the Mighty Amazon RiverProfessor Noggin’s Rainforests of the World – An Educational Trivia Based Card Game For KidsMelissa & Doug Rainforest Floor Puzzle (Easy-Clean Surface, Promotes Hand-Eye Coordination, 100 Pieces, 48Mind Sparks Rainforest Eco-Puzzle 9354 Learning GameLeapFrog Learning Game Letter Factory Adventures: The Rainforest (for LeapPad tablets and LeapsterGS)
- Rainforest Find the Hidden Alphabet Letters Sheet (at the end of the post)
HOW TO PLAY the rainforest alphabet game
- Print the Rainforest Find the Hidden Alphabet Letters sheet out on card stock or regular paper.
- Give your child a pencil or crayon as well as a magnifying glass, Allow them to find all the letters (a-z) in the picture.
- For every number they have found, they need to shout it out loud.
Helpful Tips For the Rainforest Find The Hidden Alphabet Letters Game
The second time C did this activity it was a bit different. I was trying to keep him distracted so finding the magnifying glass was not an option. Instead of the magnifying glass, I grabbed a set of dot markers and allowed him to dot the letters that he found. He still had to call out the letters that he found (as if I could stop him) before he dotted the preschool letters.
- Find the Hidden Letters in the Rainforest from Learning 2 Walk
- Build fine motor skills with this Fine Motor Rainforest activity from Munchkins and Moms
- Make a DIY Rainforest Container Garden from Capri +3
- Check out these Rainforest Tree Frog Math Games from The Preschool Toolbox
- Life Over C’s also has a Rainforest Matching Game
- Create a Leaf Cutter Ant Craft from Still Playing School