Learning to recognize the letters of the alphabet in any context can be a bit tricky for a preschooler- especially when they are written differently. C loves shouting out the letters he sees as well as adding the sounds. For example, he will say, “P-puh” for the letter P. I created these find the hidden preschool letters activity for our rainforest alphabet theme to help him. They are similar to the Pets Game: Find The Hidden Numbers that I did recently.
WHAT YOU NEED
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
Neenah Exact Index Card Stock, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 90 lb, White, 250 Sheets (40311)HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant InkInsten 10X Handheld 10X Magnifier Magnifying Glass with Handle for Science, Reading Book, Inspection, Coins, Insects, Rocks, Map, Crossword Puzzle, Best Gifts for Seniors and Kids
- Rainforest Find the Hidden Alphabet Letters Sheet (at the end of the post)
HOW TO PLAY
- Print the Rainforest Find the Hidden Alphabet Letters sheet out on card stock or regular paper.
- Give your child a pencil or crayon as well as a magnifying glass, Allow them to find all the letters (a-z) in the picture.
- For every number they have found, they need to shout it out loud.
Helpful Tips For the Rainforest Find The Hidden Alphabet Letters Game
The second time C did this activity it was a bit different. I was trying to keep him distracted so finding the magnifying glass was not an option. Instead of the magnifying glass, I grabbed a set of dot markers and allowed him to dot the letters that he found. He still had to call out the letters that he found (as if I could stop him) before he dotted the preschool letters.
- Find the Hidden Letters in the Rainforest from Learning 2 Walk
- Build fine motor skills with this Fine Motor Rainforest activity from Munchkins and Moms
- Make a DIY Rainforest Container Garden from Capri +3
- Check out these Rainforest Tree Frog Math Games from The Preschool Toolbox
- Life Over C’s also has a Rainforest Matching Game
- Create a Leaf Cutter Ant Craft from Still Playing School