This easy prep free printable Advent calendar for kids is the perfect solution for the season. Every year I scour Pinterest looking for advent activities. Not just any advent activities for kids but low prep and easy ones. Then I go on a pinning spree. Sadly, nothing gets done.
This year my approach is different. Recently I heard my son Caleb singing a Christmas song and it hit me: my kids LOVE music so why not build on that? Thus an idea was born.
Easy Prep Free Printable Advent Calendar for Kids (1 song per day)
With the idea fresh in my head, I quickly set to work on what this easy prep advent calendar would look like. It needed to fit the following:
- easy prep (I have no time for long drawn out activities)
- theologically sound (I believe one of my primary responsibilities as a parent is to teach my kids the Word)
- music oriented
- somewhat independent
- can be done for an extended period of time (not just a one-time activity)
What the Free Printable Kids Advent Calendar Isn’t
First of all, there are no crafts included. Sorry, but I am not a craft person and neither are my kids.
Second, this is not a simple feel-good advent calendar for kids’ activity. Every song has been picked carefully to ensure that the content is solid.
So if you are still interested, keep reading.
Tools Needed for this Free Printable Advent Calendar for Kids
This post contains affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through this link. See more details in my disclosure policy.
AmazonBasics 3-Ring Binder, 1 Inch – 4-Pack (White)Samsill Stripes Fashion Design 3 Ring Binders, 1 Inch Round Ring – Holds 225 Sheets, Assorted Colors – Purple, Pink, Turquoise – 3 PackCrayola Mini Colored Pencils in Assorted Colors, Coloring Supplies for Kids, 64ctDOSS Touch Wireless Bluetooth V4.0 Portable Speaker with HD Sound and Bass (Black)All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Charcoal
You will also need either a subscription to Itunes, Spotify or simply search the songs on Youtube.
Preparing Your Copy of the Easy Prep Free Printable Advent Calendar for Kids
- Gather your binder and a hole punch. I prefer using a three-hole punch.
- Print the lyrics for the songs as well as the list of songs for Advent.
- Give Your child the lyrics for Day 1 on Day 1 and place it in the binder.
- Play the song throughout the day. If your kids do quiet time in the afternoon, simply let the songs play in their rooms via Bluetooth speaker.
- On Day 2 give your child the lyrics for Day 2.
- Continue until December 24th or Day 23.
Here is our Advent Calendar Spotify Playlist of all the songs in order:
Other Advent Ideas to Try With Your Kids
If you are looking for a few other ideas to help your kids welcome and celebrate Christmas then try a few of the activities I have listed below!
2. Quick and Easy Christmas Preschool Math Worksheets