Who’s ready for some Frozen preschool sensory activities? I’m sure you’re your kids must be as obsessed with Elsa and Anna as my daughter is or you wouldn’t be here right now.
Ok I will be honest, I actually went a little sensory crazy for this week and ended up with several Frozen preschool sensory activities. I created a few bins for this lesson plan and I may actually give Jael a few more because she loved them that much.
Frozen Preschool Sensory Activities- Winter sensory bin
Before attempting this bin, ensure that you have a vacuum nearby for quick clean up. You have been warned.
Preschool Sensory Activities Tools
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
Sterilite 16558010 28QT Storage BoxMcCormick Culinary Blue Food Coloring, 16 oz.Ziploc Storage Bags Quart 24 Count boxPrepworks by Progressive Ultimate 19-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon SetBarley – Pearl – 1 resealable bag – 1 lb
Christmas silver decoration
WINTER SENSORY BIN INSTRUCTIONS
- Place 1 cup of the barley in the Ziplock bag and
- Add 10 drops of food colouring as well as 1 teaspoon water.
- Shake vigorously in order to distribute the food colouring evenly.
- Leave ziplock bag overnight to dry.
- Add the coloured barley to the container as well as the plain barley and add the silver decoration as well.
- Next place a measuring cup, measuring spoon and anything else you think your preschooler will love to play with.
PLAYING WITHT THE FROZEN PRESCHOOL SENSORY ACTIVITIES-WINTER BIN
Once I gave J the go ahead, she ran happily to her bin. She practiced her pouring and scooping skills by using her measuring cup and spoon. She also practiced counting- she counted each scoop of barley she poured into her cup.
I even overheard her talking to her little brother and telling him this is her sensory bin and that he can play with it. I even got invited to play with her. There is something about hearing my daughter say the words, “Mommy play with me please?” that melts my heart.
If you enjoyed this post, you may enjoy these as well: