Did I ever mention how much my kids love Good Night Moon? We were able to have so many fun and hands-on activities from this classical story.
We created a bowl of mush for our Good Night Moon writing activity and we also created a Good Night Moon alphabet match preschool letter activity.
I think my kids expected me to create another bowl of mush for this activity but they were not too disappointed. I created a set of upper case alphabet cards for my son and I even differentiated the activity so J wasn’t left out.
These cards are included in the writing pack that we used in our writing activity.
Good Night Moon Preschool Letter Alphabet Match
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant InkNeenah Exact Index Card Stock, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 90 lb, White, 250 Sheets (40311)Somasix New and Improved ABC Magnetic Letters and Numbers – Educational Refrigerator Magnest (62 Pieces)
- Good Night Moon Writing Cards (at the end of this post)
- Good Night Moon Beginning Blends Cards (optional, included with the writing cards)
This activity was actually pretty easy to set up and to play.
- After you have printed the cards on cardstock, cut the alphabet cards. I prefer to make my life easier and use a paper trimmer– so much faster than using scissors.
- Place a few cards on a flat surface. I started with 3 and then progressed with C.
- Have your child match the cards with the LOWERCASE magnetic letter.
- Continue to do this until all the cards are done or until they lose interest.
GOOD NIGHT MOON FOR OLDER KIDS
Jael is beyond alphabet case matching so I created a set of consonant blends cards for her to match with her letter tiles. I had an inkling that she would want in on the activity and I was right. She was able to match the pictures to their consonant blends.
Tuesday 5th of December 2017
Due to sickness within the family I have not had time to view and download emails so I am just catching up reading some emails, thanks for sharing your files they are really appreciated
Sunday 1st of October 2017
These Goodnight Moon cards are beautiful. Thank you very much.
Sunday 12th of June 2016
Once again, I think you rock!!!! I love your Good Night Moon Alphabet Cards. I will be using them this week with my 6 little munchkins. I will be using them in a variety of ways. Other then your suggestion (which I will be doing). I will let you know how they went. Have an awesome week.
Thursday 16th of June 2016
Let me know! Can't wait to hear how it goes.