Did I ever mention how much my kids love Good Night Moon? We were able to have so many fun and hands-on activities from this classical story.
I think my kids expected me to create another bowl of mush for this activity but they were not too disappointed. I created a set of upper case alphabet cards for my son and I even differentiated the activity so J wasn’t left out.
These cards are included in the writing pack that we used in our writing activity.
Good Night Moon Preschool Letter Alphabet Match
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant InkNeenah Exact Index Card Stock, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 90 lb, White, 250 Sheets (40311)Somasix New and Improved ABC Magnetic Letters and Numbers – Educational Refrigerator Magnest (62 Pieces)
- Good Night Moon Writing Cards (at the end of this post)
- Good Night Moon Beginning Blends Cards (optional, included with the writing cards)
This activity was actually pretty easy to set up and to play.
- After you have printed the cards on cardstock, cut the alphabet cards. I prefer to make my life easier and use a paper trimmer– so much faster than using scissors.
- Place a few cards on a flat surface. I started with 3 and then progressed with C.
- Have your child match the cards with the LOWERCASE magnetic letter.
- Continue to do this until all the cards are done or until they lose interest.
GOOD NIGHT MOON FOR OLDER KIDS
Jael is beyond alphabet case matching so I created a set of consonant blends cards for her to match with her letter tiles. I had an inkling that she would want in on the activity and I was right. She was able to match the pictures to their consonant blends.