Anyone else desperately needs to find some healthy comfort food recipes? Is it just me? Repeat after me, I love comfort food even if I know its unhealthy whether in small or large portions. And it must be accompanied by fries- large amounts of fries. Ooh and juice! Hi, my name is Alecia and I am addicted to burgers.
Whenever we go to a restaurant, the first thing I look for on the menu is a burger. If it’s only offered on the lunch menu, I shamelessly ask if I can have it at dinner time. I even know that I should have felt sorry for my husband when I was pregnant because all I wanted were burgers.
When you are a comfort addict like I am, you need to find healthy comfort food aka diet comfort food. Is diet comfort food a thing? The words don’t even seem as if they go together.
Well because I am trying to be a bit healthier for me, I decided to find a few healthy comfort food recipes. Did I mention that mac and cheese is a big thing in this house? Sigh- it may be a struggle to switch but I am surely going to try.
Healthy Comfort Food Recipes: Mac and Cheese/ Cheese
- Veggie Lentil Mac and Cheese courtesy of Mama Papa Bubba
- Homemade Mac and Cheese courtesy of Skinny Mom
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese courtesy of Sunshine and Hurricanes
- Healthy Soup and Grilled Cheese courtesy of B Inspired Mama
- Healthy Gluten and Dairy Free Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese courtesy of The Soccer Mom Blog
Healthy Comfort Food Recipes: Burgers and More
- Southwest Turkey Burgers courtesy of Mariah’s Pleasing Plates
- Sweet Potato Fries courtesy of Mama Smiles
- Oven Fried Chicken and Waffles courtesy of Skinny Mom
- Healthy Chicken Nuggets courtesy of My Life and Kids
- Veggie Burger courtesy of 3 Boys and A Dog
- Ginger Beef Tacos courtesy of Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Grilled Fish Tacos courtesy of Things to Share and Remember
- Shrimp Salad courtesy of Mom Endevors
Healthy Comfort Food Recipes: Dessert
Okay, so I do not have a sweet tooth. Gasp! But the rest of my family does so I know I need to have something ready for them as well.
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies courtesy of Paging Fun Mums
- Healthy Rice Krispy Treats courtesy of Mama Papa Bubba
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies courtesy of Nate and Rachel
- Healthy No Churn Ice Cream courtesy of Kids Activities Blog
Healthy Comfort Food Recipes: Other
These are the recipes that I have no idea how to categorize but I know you should still check them out.
- Baked Coconut Shrimp courtesy of The Recipe Critic
- Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup courtesy of Kims Cravings
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with Extra Veggies courtesy of Foodlets
- Tuna-Stuffed Avocados courtesy of Mom Endeavors
- Gingerbread Pancakes courtesy of Kims Cravings
- Granola Peanut Butter Banana Dogs courtesy of My Life and Kids
- Healthy BBQ Chicken with Sweet Potato Crust courtesy of the Soccer Mom Blog
- Tomato Soup courtesy of Happy Hooligans
- Vegetarian Lasagna Soup courtesy of Heart of Deborah
- Healthy Pumpkin Recipe courtesy of True Aim Education
- Baked Salmon and Vegetables courtesy of Mom Endevors
- Easy Thai Peanut Noodles courtesy of The Soccer Mom Blog