Who’s ready for some fun letter C printables? Are you looking for some learning fun and just overall great ideas to teach your kids? Maybe you just want a few activities to place in your literacy centers for your kindergarten students.
Today I will be sharing our free printable worksheet with you today. As I said last week, J has taken a keen interest in writing letters and so I am following her lead. We are currently learning lower case letters but all the worksheets I provide will include both upper and lower case. This week we are also adding exploring letter c words.
Don’t forget that you can also check out our other letter of the week printables. I have also added a set of alphabet books to create more fun alphabet activities.
Fun Letter C Printables and Activities
Skills Worked On With This Printable Worksheet
I’m sure you’re wondering what skills and educational activities will your little ones work on when they use these free letter c printables. Well, keep reading to find out.
Your preschool kids (and kindergarten kids) will be able to work on:
- fine motor skills (through tracing and using dot markers)
- work on their letter sounds
- recognize upper case c in a fun way
- improve writing skills
Alphabet Books to Read With Your Kids
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
Below you will find a few books to check out at your library or that you can purchase.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (Chicka Chicka Book, A)Dr. Seuss’s ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!A Is for Apple (Trace-and-Flip Fun!) (Smart Kids Trace-And-Flip)The Alphabet Book (Pictureback(R))The Alphabet Tree (Dragonfly Books)The Sleepy Little Alphabet: A Bedtime Story from Alphabet TownMy First BOB Books: AlphabetAlphaTales Box Set: A Set of 26 Irresistible Animal Storybooks That Build Phonemic Awareness & Teach Each letter of the AlphabetEric Carle’s ABC (The World of Eric Carle)AlphaOops!: The Day Z Went FirstThe Construction Alphabet Book (Jerry Pallotta’s Alphabet Books)
Letter C Printables: tracing
Our tracing pages are quite similar to letter A‘s in that the little image is still on the page to remind J where to place her left hand seeing that she prefers to use her right hand to write. The preschool lesson plan for that week was Christmas seeing that it is snowing here and J thinks that it means Winter and Winter means Christmas.
Preschool Letter Worksheets C: Do a Dot Pages
Last week J went do-a-dot crazy! She even used it on her nails and learned that it takes a while to wash off. This week she was a bit calmer but still enjoyed the experience.
Other Letter C Activities
If you are looking for even more letter C activities and different ways to help your little kids, there are plenty of letter c activities on this site.
This coloring page can be used as-is or even painted or with dry-erase markers or crayons. There are so many wonderful ways to have your young learners work on their small letters as well as capital letters.
Tips for Teaching Younger Children the
Letters of the Alphabet
- Try some themed fun. Think cars, dinosaurs, and more
- Get tactile! Have your kids use magnetic letters, play in shaving cream (another great exercise for fine motor skills)
- Have a great book companion for your lessons!
- Emphasize the sound of the letter. I have always taught my kids all the sounds for each letter as we progressed in our alphabet activities.
- Remember that the free printable letter c worksheets can be used for preschool students, kindergarten children as well as early 1st grade.
- Use name tags to visibly chow the letter c in different everyday items such as chairs, cards, and crayons.