My son loves any activity that involves glue, and why wouldn’t he? It’s messy and the thought of where the glue may end up may scare his mommy to death. C is in the ‘scream out any letter I see‘ phase and so I decided to create yet another preschool letter activity to foster that. I made him a letter u preschool cut and paste book.
LETTER U PRESCHOOL SKILLS
C tends to stay clear of all things that resembles a worksheet and he wants everything fun and hands on so I had to decide how I would help him with a few skills while ensuring that I can get his attention.
The main skills I wanted to address were:
- letter recognition
- increase his vocabulary
- expose him to the beginning sounds of objects
- one to one correspondence
- fine motor
LETTER U SUPPLIES
Here is what you need to get started (please note that affiliate links are used below to help you)
Neenah Exact Index Card Stock, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 90 lb, White, 250 Sheets (40311)HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant InkX-ACTO #1 Knife, Z Series With Safety CapElmer’s School Glue, Washable, 4 Ounces
- Letter U Preschool book (at the end of this post)
HOW TO USE
- Print the pages of the Letter U Preschool Book.
- Use your stencil knife to cut out the images in color on page 8
- Place the cutout pieces as well as the glue on a flat surface
- To put the book together, simply follow the detailed instructions at the beginning of the pack.
- Ask your preschooler to identify the images one page at a time and have him/her glue the correct image directly over the space provided.
- Once all the colored pictures have been secured with glue, re-read the book together.