Who’s ready for a new set of letter u worksheets for preschool that helps build those fine motor skills and helps with letter recognition? Not just any free letter u worksheets- no. This pack is definitely one of those fun activities that allow your child to work on letter sounds.
How about a letter u book to add to your young learners’ alphabet book collections?
My son loves any activity that involves glue, and he’s also in the ‘scream out any letter I see‘ phase. This means that this printable worksheet was a huge hit and a wonderful way for him to learn a few different words.
Be sure to add this to your educational activities.
Letter U Worksheets for Preschool (Cut and Paste Book for fine motor skills)
Preschool Skills Adressed With Letter U Worksheets for Preschool
C tends to stay clear of all things that resemble a worksheet and he wants everything fun and hands-on so I had to decide how I would help him with a few skills while ensuring that I can get his attention.
The main skills I wanted to address were:
- letter recognition (lower case letters and capital letters)
- increase his vocabulary in a fun way
- expose him to the beginning sounds of objects
- one to one correspondence
- fine motor
Handy Supplies for Your lETTER U Worksheets
Here is what you need to get started (please note that affiliate links are used below to help you)
Neenah Exact Index Card Stock, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 90 lb, White, 250 Sheets (40311)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink
X-ACTO #1 Knife, Z Series With Safety Cap
Elmer’s School Glue, Washable, 4 Ounces
- Letter U Preschool book (at the end of this post)
Alphabet Books to Read With Your Kids
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
Below you will find a few books to check out at your library or that you can purchase. Don’t forget that picture books totally count as books too!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (Chicka Chicka Book, A)Dr. Seuss’s ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!A Is for Apple (Trace-and-Flip Fun!) (Smart Kids Trace-And-Flip)The Alphabet Book (Pictureback(R))The Alphabet Tree (Dragonfly Books)The Sleepy Little Alphabet: A Bedtime Story from Alphabet TownMy First BOB Books: AlphabetAlphaTales Box Set: A Set of 26 Irresistible Animal Storybooks That Build Phonemic Awareness & Teach Each letter of the AlphabetEric Carle’s ABC (The World of Eric Carle)AlphaOops!: The Day Z Went FirstThe Construction Alphabet Book (Jerry Pallotta’s Alphabet Books)
How to Use This Great Activity Worksheet With Your Preschool Kids
Before you start printing this printable set I should let you know that you can simply have your kids use each picture as a coloring image. You should also feel free to add this to your letter of the week activities.
- Print the pages of the Letter U Preschool Book.
- Use your stencil knife to cut out the images in color on page 8
- Place the cutout pieces as well as the glue on a flat surface
- To put the book together, simply follow the detailed instructions at the beginning of the pack.
- Ask your preschooler to identify the images one page at a time and have him/her glue the correct image directly over the space provided.
- Once all the colored pictures have been secured with glue, re-read the book together.
If you are looking for writing practice sheets ( the ones with the dotted lines so your kindergarten students or preschoolers can trace) to add to your letter u activities (or letter of the alphabet activities) then use our Preschool Letter U Worksheets. Their focus is on phonemic awareness, early literacy skills and helps with letter identification.
This set is a part of the alphabet worksheets series (Preschool Letter Worksheets) where you help your child learn a letter of the alphabet including letter names, tracing worksheets, and is perfect for first-time learners.
Other Letter U Suggetsions
Feel free to introduce a few of the following to your preschool lessons:
- magnetic letters for a tactile lesson
- letter u printables ( Free Letter U Preschool Worksheets)
- work on writing both lowercase u and capital letter u
- introduce the letter u sounds (long and short)
- talk about cool letter u words (such as umbrella, upbeat, and umpteen)