Who’s ready for a new set of letter u worksheets for preschool that helps build those fine motor skills? Not just any free letter u worksheets- no. This pack is definitely one of those fun activities that allow your child to work on letter sounds.
How about a letter u book to add to your young learners’ alphabet book collections?
My son loves any activity that involves glue, and he’s also in the ‘scream out any letter I see‘ phase. This means that this printable worksheet was a huge hit and a wonderful way for him to learn a few different words.
Letter U Worksheets for Preschool (Cut and Paste Book for fine motor skills)
Preschool Skills Adressed With Letter U Worksheets for Preschool
C tends to stay clear of all things that resemble a worksheet and he wants everything fun and hands-on so I had to decide how I would help him with a few skills while ensuring that I can get his attention.
The main skills I wanted to address were:
- letter recognition (lower case letters and capital letters)
- increase his vocabulary in a fun way
- expose him to the beginning sounds of objects
- one to one correspondence
- fine motor
Handy Supplies for Your lETTER U Worksheets
Here is what you need to get started (please note that affiliate links are used below to help you)
- Letter U Preschool book (at the end of this post)
Alphabet Books to Read With Your Kids
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
Below you will find a few books to check out at your library or that you can purchase.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (Chicka Chicka Book, A)Dr. Seuss’s ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!A Is for Apple (Trace-and-Flip Fun!) (Smart Kids Trace-And-Flip)The Alphabet Book (Pictureback(R))The Alphabet Tree (Dragonfly Books)The Sleepy Little Alphabet: A Bedtime Story from Alphabet TownMy First BOB Books: AlphabetAlphaTales Box Set: A Set of 26 Irresistible Animal Storybooks That Build Phonemic Awareness & Teach Each letter of the AlphabetEric Carle’s ABC (The World of Eric Carle)AlphaOops!: The Day Z Went FirstThe Construction Alphabet Book (Jerry Pallotta’s Alphabet Books)
How to Use This Great Activity Worksheet With Your Preschool Kids
Before you start printing this printable set I should let you know that you can simply have your kids use each picture as a coloring image. You should also feel free to add this to your letter of the week activities.
- Print the pages of the Letter U Preschool Book.
- Use your stencil knife to cut out the images in color on page 8
- Place the cutout pieces as well as the glue on a flat surface
- To put the book together, simply follow the detailed instructions at the beginning of the pack.
- Ask your preschooler to identify the images one page at a time and have him/her glue the correct image directly over the space provided.
- Once all the colored pictures have been secured with glue, re-read the book together.
If you are looking for writing practice sheets ( the ones with the dotted lines so your kiddos can trace) to add to your letter u activities then use our Preschool Letter U Worksheets. Their focus is on phonemic awareness, early literacy skills and helps with letter identification. This set is a part of the alphabet worksheets series (Preschool Letter Worksheets) where you help your child learn a letter of the alphabet including letter names, tracing worksheets, and is perfect for first time learners.