Looking for some letter y printables for your preschool lessons? These free printable letter y worksheets are a fun way for your younger children to work on letter recognition. They can also be used as a supplement for teaching the letters of the alphabet with any letter of the week curriculum.
Ready for all the educational activities that can be created with our free letter y sheets? Then keep reading.
Interested in our other alphabet worksheets? Then be sure to check out Free Letter Printables Your Kids Will Love.
What’s Inside the Free Letter Y Printables
New to our letter worksheets? Our letter y printables include the following skills and pages.
Do dot pages
There are 2 pages for young learners to use their dot markers. There is 1 page for lowercase y and another for uppercase y.
Letter Tracing Worksheets
Included in the free printable letter y tracing worksheets are dotted lines for your child to trace. There are also blank practice pages for your child to uppercase p and lower case p to improve their writing skills.
Popular Items Needed for the Letter P Worksheet
Below you will find a list of all the common supplies needed for the different activities within the letter y printables. This list also includes supplies that are great to have on hand for any educational activities such as fine motor skills for young children and kindergarten students.
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
These will be used on the dot pages provided in the letter m printable pack. I have linked a set of washable dot markers for your convenience.
Crayons, washable markers, washable paint, and more.
A ring binder is very helpful with keeping all the printable activities your young learner will complete. You can even keep a separate binder for all the other printable worksheet sets that you have yet to complete with your young learner.
Tips for Using Our Letter Y Printables
Below you will find a few helpful tips for using our letter y worksheets.
- Younger children include kindergarten children, a small group at daycare, or preschoolers. You can even use these sheets with older children learning the letters of the alphabet.
- You can make a mini book with all the worksheets provided.
- Instead of having your child trace the lower case d and uppercase d with a pencil, have them try different materials such as painting with their fingers, or markers as well as painting.
- The dot marker pages can be used with counters or your child can simply finger paint each dot.
- If you are looking for coloring pages then be sure to check out our A-Z Coloring Worksheets. This free worksheet has a few letter y words so that your kids can be further exposed to the letter sounds.
- Feel free to make vocabulary cards on construction paper. You can even have your child practice the letter d and draw a picture.
- If you are looking for a letter craft idea, try any of these animal crafts from Easy Peasy and Fun.
Free Homeschool Curriculum & Resources | Huge List of 45 Freebies! - TheRightPlug
Friday 12th of August 2022
[…] Free Letter Y Printables – Help your kids with their letter Y recognition as well as fine motor skills, handwriting, and more with these fun and hands on sheets. […]