Ever wondered how to take the mail theme and create preschool lesson plans as well as kindergarten lesson plans? Today the Teach ECE team will be doing just this and I will be sharing with you our mail cvc word worksheets and activity. I created this activity as a fun quiet time game for her yesterday and she loved it- she even allowed her dinosaurs to play with her.
MAIL CVC WORD WORKSHEETS ACTIVITY
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
- Cardstock for printing
- Printer (we absolutely love our Epson Stylus NX530 )
- Wrong Mail CVC Cards (at the end of this post)
HOW TO PLAY
- Print the Wrong Mail Cards and Mailbox cards on regular paper and cut them out. If you plan to redo this activity then print on cardstock.
- Choose 10 cards and their mailbox cards and place them on a table.
- Create a deck with the mail cards and scramble the mailbox cards.
- Read the first card on the stack and then allow them to find the corresponding mailbox cards. Once a match is found, simply remove the cards from the table or place the card on top of the mailbox cards
- Continue until all the cards are done.
Other Community Helpers Resources
Dress Up America Mail Carrier Costume Set – Size Toddler 4Delivering Your Mail (Community Workers)Helpers in My Community (Bobbie Kalman’s Leveled Readers: My World: G)Clothesline Clues to Jobs People DoCommunity Helpers Book Set – 20 Early Reading Booklets for PK-2 or SPED about Different Community WorkersCP Toys Wooden Community Helpers for Block Play / 25 Pc. SetLet’s Meet a Firefighter (Cloverleaf Books – Community Helpers)Safari Ltd People TOOB With 7 Everyday Heroes Figurine Toys, Including Construction Worker, Policeman, Mailman, Pilot, Chef, Fireman, and VeterinarianWhose Hands Are These?: A Community Helper Guessing Book (Millbrook Picture Books)Show Me Community Helpers: My First Picture Encyclopedia (My First Picture Encyclopedias)Let’s Meet a Police Officer (Cloverleaf Books – Community Helpers)