How much does your child know about their family? Do they know their family members? What their favorite colors are? My daughter loves asking these questions. She wants to know what her dad’s favorite food is and what his favorite song is. Today I will be sharing with you a fun and simple hands-on activity for my family preschool theme- a scrapbook.
Let me just say for the record that this scrapbook is not meant to be a comprehensive one. It does not go into details such as family blood type and what your great grandmother’s maiden name was- which is what every kid want’s to know right?
My Family Preschool Theme Books to Check Out
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience
My Family, Your Family (Cloverleaf Books – Alike and Different)Me and My Family TreeWho’s In My Family?: All About Our Families (Let’s Talk about You and Me)Are You My Mother? (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))My Family is ForeverI Like to Be with My Family (Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood)
What You Need for the My Family Scrapbook
In order to get started, you need the following: (please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready – White (M9L75A)Fiskars 12 Inch Recycled SureCut Trimmer (01-005454)Crayola Ultimate Crayon Collection, 152 Pieces, Art Set, GiftCrayola 12 Ct. Silly Scents Mini Twistables Scented CrayonsEXPO 86603 Low Odor Dry Erase Marker, Fine Point, Assorted, Pack of 12TYH Supplies Set of 10 Reusable Dry Erase Pockets, 9 x 12 Inches, Assorted Neon ColorsAvery Acid Free Economy Sheet Protectors, Clear, Box of 50 (74090)
The scrapbook itself is meant to be a fun and educational tool to allow your preschooler (or kindergartner) to learn about their family members.
There are 2 parts to the My Family scrapbook:
1) If your child can write, then they can actually write the name of the family member. If not then you will have to fill it in- no biggie.
2) If you have a budding artist on your hands, then he/she can draw the family member being mentioned in the boxes provided. If not, they can simply choose an image from the back of the scrapbook, cut it out and paste it in the boxes.
This is an activity that I am sure your child/student will enjoy for months to come and it also allows them to learn about their history and that we are all unique and perfect in our own way.
- There is no longer a free printable library.
- All free printable worksheets (including paid products) are now in the NSH Worksheets Collective which is hosted on THINKIFIC.
- The cost is $25 for life.
- There are no free printables to download from the site but the posts will include how to use them.
- All the DOWNLOAD BUTTONS are being switched out slowly and they all lead to a 404 page encouraging you to sign up for the NSH Worksheets Collective.
Here are some more ideas for the My Family preschool theme from the #teachECE team