Ever heard of Night Zookeeper? I must confess, I have seen the ads and heard a few whispers in homeschooling groups but I never paid much attention. Besides, I was certain our curricula lineup needed nothing else. English was covered, right? Wrong.
Luckily I was given the chance to let my kids (both under the age of 10) try Night Zookeeper for a week. Besides, if my kids hated it, no big deal. Man do I wish we had signed up sooner. Night Zookeeper became our English curricula for the summer and we may be keeping it for the school year too.
So if you’re like me and think that your curricula lineup for the school year is perfect, keep reading our Night Zookeeper Review.
WHAT IS NIGHT ZOOKEEPER? (NIGHT ZOOKEEPER REVIEW)
According to their site,
Night Zookeeper is an award winning and award winning creative writing platform that helps improve the writing skills of 5-12+ year olds.
When you sign up, your kids get the following benefits:
- Improved Core Writing Skills 📝
- Personalised Feedback from a dedicated team of tutors ✅
- Weekly Lessons that incorporate interactive video elements and games to teach your children key skills. 👩🏫
- Publishing Opportunities and weekly competitions with real life prizes! 🏆
- FREE Monthly Educational Printables 🆓
How We Used Night ZooKeeper During the Summer
As I said earlier in our Night Zookeeper Review, we chose to use NZK for our English curriculum during the summer when we do lighter homeschooling.
Our lineup of Duolingo, History, Coding, Math, Science, and NZK was the perfect mix for my kids. NZK allowed my kids to:
- build their vocabulary through fun and challenging games
- work on the grammar skills they learned during the school year
- express themselves artistically by creating animals and naming them
- learn to find their voices through creating story lines for these characters with the help of prompts (see pic below)
- have someone else proof their work besides Mom
- a chance to use technology and not just pen and paper
Tips for Using Night ZooKeeper
Clearly, Night Zookeeper was a hit with my kids. Courtesy of my kids’ frequent use, I am able to share a few pointers for your kiddos.
- Have a set time for how long they will use Night Zookeeper. My kids tend to use this reource for approximately 25 minutes per homeschooling day.
- If they want extra time, ensure all chores are done ahead of time.
- Remind them to submit their writings for review.
- Remind them to check the reviews from their tutors.
- Also check in on them with the parent dashboard.
- If the work seems to hard or too easy, simply adjust it from the parent dashboard. Do not be a slave to the grades given. See them as a suggestion.
- Be sure to read the parent guide so you have a better overview of the program.
Night ZooKeeper Review Bonus
Convinced to even check out Night Zookeeper? Then I’ve got a special offer for you.
You can access NZK for an entire week to give your kids a shot at discovering their voice. If you decide that you want to continue after that, you can sign up for the year at 50% off