This week’s preschool theme is Nursery Rhymes for Playful Preschool. In case you are wondering, Playful Preschool is a group of preschool bloggers coming together to create activities for you to use based on one theme each week. Today I will be sharing with you our auditory preschool sensory activities.
What You Need
- 3 similar coloured plastic eggs
- fillers ( uncooked rice, beans, salt)
How To Play Our Humpty Dumpty Preschool Sensory Activities
You have 2 options for how to do this preschool activity.
1) Fill each plastic egg with 1 tablespoon of each filler. Egg #1 will have 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice, egg #2 will have 1 tablespoon of beans and so on.
2) Place your eggs on a flat surface where your preschooler can see. We love using our coffee table in the living room as it is the perfect height for J.
3) Invite your preschooler over and say the nursery rhyme.
4) Tell them you will be playing a guessing game to find out what was inside Humpty. Let your preschooler know the 3 options: rice, salt and beans. Have her shake them to hear the differences.
5) Give your preschooler 1 egg and ask her to shake it. Ask her to guess what is inside. Do this for the other 2 eggs as well.
1) Place the items on a flat surface.
2) Have your preschooler fill the eggs, themselves.
3) follow OPTION 1.
The Playful Preschool Team has even MORE Nursery Rhyme Activities for Children.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Rhyming Game by Fun-A-Day
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Books and Nursery Rhyme Craft for Kids by The Educators’ Spin On It
Writing Activities for Preschool: Woolly Lines and Letters by Growing Book by Book
Cotton Ball Sheep Craft and Game by Tiny Tots Adventures
Mary had a Little Lamb Craft by Powerful Mothering
Jumping with Jack be Nimble Gross Motor Activity by Life Over C’s
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary Pattern Play by Rainy Day Mum