These Humpty Dumpty preschool sensory activities are sure to be a hit! This week’s preschool theme is Nursery Rhymes for Playful Preschool. In case you are wondering, Playful Preschool is a group of preschool bloggers coming together to create activities for you to use based on one theme each week.
Today I will be sharing with you our auditory preschool sensory activities.
Humpty Dumpty Preschool Sensory Activities
What You Need
- 3 similar coloured plastic eggs
- fillers ( uncooked rice, beans, salt)
How To Play Our Humpty Dumpty Preschool Sensory Activities
You have 2 options for how to do this preschool activity.
1) Fill each plastic egg with 1 tablespoon of each filler. Egg #1 will have 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice, egg #2 will have 1 tablespoon of beans and so on.
2) Place your eggs on a flat surface where your preschooler can see. We love using our coffee table in the living room as it is the perfect height for J.
3) Invite your preschooler over and say the nursery rhyme.
4) Tell them you will be playing a guessing game to find out what was inside Humpty. Let your preschooler know the 3 options: rice, salt and beans. Have her shake them to hear the differences.
5) Give your preschooler 1 egg and ask her to shake it. Ask her to guess what is inside. Do this for the other 2 eggs as well.
1) Place the items on a flat surface.
2) Have your preschooler fill the eggs, themselves.
3) follow OPTION 1.
The Playful Preschool Team has even MORE Nursery Rhyme Activities for Children.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Rhyming Game by Fun-A-Day
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Books and Nursery Rhyme Craft for Kids by The Educators’ Spin On It
Writing Activities for Preschool: Woolly Lines and Letters by Growing Book by Book
Cotton Ball Sheep Craft and Game by Tiny Tots Adventures
Mary had a Little Lamb Craft by Powerful Mothering
Jumping with Jack be Nimble Gross Motor Activity by Life Over C’s
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary Pattern Play by Rainy Day Mum
How does our garden grow?-Tips for Gardening with Preschoolers by Capri + 3
Nursery Rhyme Letter Writing by Still Playing School
Muffin Man Nursery Rhyme Activities by Mom Inspired Life
More Than 10 Humpty Dumpty Preschool Science Activities
Friday 3rd of January 2020
[…] sound with your preschoolers in this egg-themed preschool sensory activity. It’s perfect to use with your Humpty Dumpty activities. No Stress […]
How does our garden grow?-Tips for Gardening with Preschoolers
Saturday 25th of March 2017
[…] Play by Rainy Day Mum How does our garden grow?-Tips for Gardening with Preschoolers by Capri + 3 What’s In The Egg? – Humpty Dumpty by Learning 2 Walk Muffin Man Nursery Rhyme Activities by Mom Inspired Life Nursery Rhyme Letter […]
Sensory Toddler Activities
Monday 13th of February 2017
[…] Humpty Dumpty Preschool Sensory Activity – Learning 2 Walk […]
20+ Humpty Dumpty Inspired Activities - One Time ThroughOne Time Through
Thursday 12th of February 2015
[…] plastic eggs? Make this What’s in the Egg? sound auditory sensory activity from Learning 2 Walk (our inspiration for this week’s […]
Sunday 8th of February 2015
This is a great idea! It would be a lot of fun for the kids!
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!