Spring is here and I am finally seeing the tulips peeking through the soil. Luckily the dreaded black-flies are not here as yet as well as the mosquitoes and other bugs. I am not the most creative mommy on this planet but I decided to see if my kids would appreciate a little extra effort for their snacks. Today I will share with you the preschool snack idea for Spring that I came up with for my kiddos. Let’s walk.
My kids never cease to amaze me with their tastes in food. C, my now 18 month old hates carrots and loves peas. J, my 3 year old daughter, loves carrots and hates peas. Finding a meal that is not KRAFT focused is hard and dont even get me started on fruits! J loves them and naturally C hates them. Surprisingly this snack was a big hit and C even tasted a grape.
What You Need for this Preschool Snack Idea
Please note that affiliate links are used below.
- bread (sliced)
- grapes (halved)
- ham slices (my daughter loves Black Forest Ham)
- cheese sticks (sliced)
- butterfly cookie cutter
- flower cookie cutter
Making this snack is pretty easy or I probably wouldn’t have done it (I am being honest).
1) Use your flower cookie cutter and cut out a flower from your slice of bread.
2) Repeat step 1 with the butterfly cookie cutter.
3) Use the butterfly cookie cutter to cut out butterflies from the sliced ham.
4) Slice your cheese stick as thin or thick as you would like. Create a stem from one of your flower- cut bread slices.
5) Top your flowers with a few grape halves and you are done. This is what ours looked like:
What are your quick go to snacks that are creative? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for walking with me.