Today I have a quick breakfast recipe that will start your day on an indulgent note: Lemon Blueberry French Toast.
When was the last time you had French Toast? For me it was just about the same time that I stopped sleeping in – 3 years ago. Life before kids can seem so distant but at least I can still enjoy some delicious french toast. The best part of having french toast these days, my kids prefer to eat bacon and regular toast so I have this ALL TO MYSELF!
Lemon Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1 ½ C blueberries
- ¼ C coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 lemon-its zest and juice
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 C milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon-optional
- 1 tub cool whip
- 1 block cream cheese
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in an 8X8 dish.
- Once combined soak thee cinnamon raisin bread into the milk mixture and then add them onto a warm skillet.
- Cook both sides until they are a golden brown.
- Once all of the bread is cooked begin to make the filling.
- In a medium sized bowl add in soft cream cheese and mix with electric mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the tub of cool whip and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add filling between 2 slices of French toast.
- *you can also add a little on top of the French toast for extra creaminess.
Lemon Blueberry Glaze Directions
- In a sauce pan add in the blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until blueberries have softened and mixture has thickened up. Serve over stuffed French toast.