What’s the best way to reheat Mcdonalds fries? That’s the question most of us parents ask because we are clueless about what to do with our kid’s leftover fries.
Have no fear, my friend, I am here to help you have the best results for those McDonald’s french fries you have in your fridge.
Or maybe you just have some soggy fries from earlier in the day that you are just getting around to eating. No judgment.
By the way, if you are wondering what the best way to reheat onion rings is, then check out How to Reheat Onion Rings (4 Best Ways). Just in case you have some onion rings that you want to eat with that big mac.
Reheating Tools Listed
Below you will see a few of the tools listed throughout this post. Please note that affiliate links are used at no cost to you.
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 5 Piece Set, BlackVictoria Cast Iron Skillet Large Frying Pan with Helper Handle Seasoned with 100% Kosher Certified Non-GMO Flaxseed Oil, 12 Inch, BlackCuisinart 622-30G 12-inch Skillet, BlackNinja FD302 Foodi 11-in-1 Pro 6.5 qt. Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer that Steams, Slow Cooks, Sears, Sautés, Dehydrates & More, with 4.6 qt. Crisper Plate, Nesting Broil Rack & Recipe Book, Silver/BlackUnbleached Parchment Paper Roll 15 in x 210 ft 260 Sq.Ft Paper Baking Paper by Baker’s Signature | Silicone Coated – Will not Soak Through or Burn – Non-Toxic & Comes in Convenient PackagingMacaron Silicone Baking Mats, Jsdoin Reusable Nonstick Macaron Parchment Paper, Baking Supplies Set, Include 2 Sheet Macaron Parchment Paper(16Air Fryer Liners,Set of 200，8.5 inch Square Air Fryer Paper,Premium Perforated Parchment Steaming Papers,Non-stick Steamer Mat,Baking,Cooking,SteamingOven-Safe, Dishwasher-Safe 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking – Food-Safe, Heavy Duty – Cooling and Oven Cooking – 11.5 x 16.5-inch – Tight-Wire Baking Rack fits Half Sheet PansToaster Oven 4 Slice, Multi-function Stainless Steel Finish with Timer – Toast – Bake – Broil Settings, Natural Convection – 1100 Watts of Power, Includes Baking Pan and Rack by Mueller Austria
Microwave Method (Reheat Mcdonalds Fries Option #1)
Now let me say that using the microwave will get the job done in a pinch. If you are super short on time, this method allows you to reheat your Mcdonald’s fries in a pinch.
- Grab a microwave-safe plate and place your fries on it.
- Sprinkle a bit of oil on them (could be vegetable oil or olive oil)
- Place a damp paper towel over them
- Microwave in 20-second intervals
Toaster Oven or Convection Oven
Another method you can try to reheat your McDonald’s fries is with the toaster oven.
This is a far better option than using the microwave oven.
- Place your leftover french fries on your crisper pan (or crisper tray)
- Be sure that the fries do not touch.
- Add a thin layer of oil over your fries.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or your preferred high temperature)
- Cook for no more than 3 minutes.
Air Fryer to Reheat McDonalds Fries
This is my favorite method to revive old Mcdonalds fries as well as leftover pizza, chicken nuggets, and even waffles.
- Create a single layer of fries in your air fryer basket. If you are truly in a pinch, dump them all in there but be sure to shake them around.
- Spray a little oil on them to ensure that you will end up with crispy fries
- Choose a high heat setting. I love to use 400 degrees for everything but you can go as low as 375.
- Cook them for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Remove from the air fryer and let them cool before eating.
Traditional Oven to Reheat McDonalds Fries
If you choose to use the conventional oven, then no worries. This method to achieve maximum crispiness is for you.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking tray with either aluminum foil or parchment paper and place your fries in a single layer.
- Bake for two to three minutes
- Once they are done, let them cool for a minute or two before eating them.
Skillet/ Frying Pan to Reheat McDonalds Fries
To pull this method off, you need to have either a nonstick pan or use the best heavy skillet you own.
- Place a dry skillet on the stove and place it to medium heat
- Add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil to the entire bottom of the skillet
- Allow your oil to heat up and add your fries
- Wait about a minute and remove the fries
- Season with salt or pepper.
Before you start with this method, please ensure that you do not use cold fries.
Be sure to have your fries at room temperature before placing them in the hot oil.
- Heat up your skillet or frying pan with your oil of choice.
- Add your french fries (do not throw them in but gently lower them in so you do not get burned)
- Allow them to cook for no more than 20 seconds
- Remove and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain off excess oil
Reheat McDonalds Fries Tips
Below I have shared a few more tips to help you with achieving the level of crispiness in your leftover Mcdonald’s fries.
- Using cooking spray helps to ensure that you can add a thin layer of oil to your fries
- Be sure to store your leftover Mcdonald’s fries in an airtight container. If you do not have an airtight container, simply place your old french fries in a shallow bowl and cover them with plastic wrap.
- If you have a burger to warm us as well, be sure to separate the bun from the toppings and meat and only warm up the meat and toast your bun.
- You can layer your baking pan, baking sheet (also known as a cookie sheet), or crisper tray with either aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- If you don’t have cooking spray, simply use a tablespoon of your preferred oil, place your fries in a bowl and mix them gently to coat.
- You can use a cooling rack set to help your fries cool down. If not, simply place your baking tray on a thick towel and place it on your cupboard to cool down.
- These methods can be used for other fast food fries as well.
- The air fryer is my preferred option and your best bet to achieve the level of crispiness for your Mcdonalds fries.