Ever wondered, “What is the best way to reheat onion rings?” Is it even possible to redeem your next day onion rings or would you simply have to eat them cold? Is that even a thing? Eating cold onion rings? Yuck!
Well if you’ve been on the hunt to find a great way to reheat your leftover onion rings, you are in luck, my friend.
Why? Because we have made onion rings from scratch and reheated them and we also love buying onion rings when we get the chance.
Today I will be sharing with you the different ways we have warmed up our onion rings and still manage to have crispy onion rings not that soggy mess you get from using a microwave. However, if microwave onion rings are your jam then enjoy them away!
Tools To Help You Reheat Onion Rings
I have added a few popular options for reheating your onion rings below.
Please note that Amazon affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer with Recipe Book, BlackInstant Vortex 5.7QT Large Air Fryer Oven Combo (Free App With 90 Recipes), Customizable Smart Cooking Programs, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, BlackNinja AF101 Air Fryer, 4 Qt, Black/grayCast Iron Skillet with Lid – 12Lodge Cast Iron Dual Handle Pan, 12 inch,BlackCast Iron Skillet Set – 10Amazon Basics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat – Pack of 2King Arthur, Pre-Cut Natural & Unbleached Baking Parchment Paper, Heavy Duty, Nonstick, Reusable, Resealable Pack, Fits 18
Using a Toaster Oven to Reheat Onion Rings
If you choose to use your toaster to reheat onion rings, then follow these simple steps.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350 F
- Warm them up in the microwave for no more than 10 seconds
- Place some aluminum foil (or parchment paper) on your baking sheet
- Add your onion rings in a single layer to ensure that you have a crispy texture
- Heat them up 5-7 minutes
- Be sure to flip them at least once
If you have a convection oven, simply use a baking tray and follow this process. I will also add if there is a bit of excess moisture when you microwave your onion rings, be sure to use a paper towel to dab it up.
As I said earlier, I love onion rings almost as much as I love french fries and if that’s served with a burger- nothing will be left on the plate.
Side note: if you are wondering what the best way is to cook frozen burgers in an air fryer, then be sure to check out Frozen Burger in Air Fryer (How to Make Your Perfect Burger).
Reheat Onion Rings in a Traditional Oven
There is no wrong method to warm up your beloved onion rings, and that’s a good thing. If you choose to try the oven method, then follow the instructions below to get good results.
- Warm-up your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place your favorite onion rings on the tray in a single layer in the middle of your oven
- Bake for 5-7 minutes
Using an Air Fryer to Reheat Onion Rings
Got an air fryer? Then good news, this set of instructions is for you.
- Optional: Spray your air fryer basket with a bit of oil
- Place your onion rings in the basket
- Set your temperature to 350
- Cook them for about 5 minutes
- Remove the fried onion rings when the outside of the rings are crispy and brown.
Using a Frying Pan to Reheat Onion Rings
Want to know the best method for warming up those onion rings with a frying pan? Then keep reading.
- Place a dry frying pan on the stove and set your stove to medium heat
- Decide on how much oil you will need. If you have a lot of rings, then you need a fair amount of oil.
- Add the onion rings SLOWLY to hot oil and do not crowd the frying pan
- Remove the rings when they are crispy
Best Tips for Reheating Onion Rings
- If your onion rings have a bit of extra oil in them like most fried foods do, be sure to use paper towels to clean up the excess oil.
- If you have soggy onion rings, be sure to warm them up in a single layer.
- If there is too much moisture after you warm them up for 10 seconds in your microwave, then be sure to drain this liquid before placing your onions rings in high temperatures
- Do not let your reheated onion rings get back to room temperature, it’s best to eat them as soon as they are warmed up.
- Feel free to add a bit of oil such as olive oil to make your onion rings for best results.
- Bloomin onions can also be warmed up similarly.
- If you have a large batch of onion rings, be sure not to crown them if you want them to end up golden brown.
- Not all air fryers are the same. If your air fryer is designed to preheat first then do that.
- The ideal temperature to reheat your onion rings is 350 but if you love cooking at 400 Fahrenheit for example, just be sure to monitor your tasty onion rings.
- Be sure to keep the onion rings that you plan to reheat the following day in an airtight container.
- You can use vegetable oil, olive oil, or canola oil for reheating your onion rings. This post helps with choosing the best oils for your different methods of cooking.
- If you arent eating the onion rings the following day, be sure to place them in an airtight resealable bag and place it in the freezer for next time.
- Warming up some fries as well, then read the different ways to reheat McDonalds fries
Which method will you be using the next time you have to reheat onion rings?