Do you have a smoothie lover in your house? In our house, it is my 1 year old son, C. He refuses to eat fruits and vegetables (while his sister refuses to drink it). As a result, I was forced to think outside the box as I grew up simply eating fruits- not drinking them. Today I am going to share with you one of C’s favourite smoothie for kids recipes and my daughter actually made it while stuffing her face with a few strawberries.
As I was saying, C hates eating fruits and vegetables. I tried hiding it in foods, I even tried giving him fruits with yogurt as a dip- nope he would not budge. It was not until I was creating a strawberry smoothie for myself because I was doing the 21 Day Fix and was forced to have a serving of fruit and dairy that I had the light bulb turn on. Why not give him the fruits as a smoothie. It was an instant hit. He loves it so much that he drinks an average of 3 cups per day (and I am complaining as he is FINALLY getting his fruit intake).
Smoothies For Kids Directions
- strawberries (as many as you can spare)
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt (we use 3% Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup milk
- crushed ice (optional)
1) Add milk to the blender as well as strawberries and blend. I tend to add between 1 and 2 cups.
2) Add strawberry yogurt and blend again.
3) If your kids love their smoothies freezing cold then add the crushed ice and blend again.
4) Pour in a cup with a straw and serve.
What are some of the creative ways you have given your kids fruits and vegetables?