Does your preschooler or kindergartner love all things solar systems? Do they go around talking about how cold it is on Neptune or that Saturn has rings? I know that my daughter is in a solar system phase and so I had to think of a few solar system educational preschool games that we could all play.
Following J’s current love of the solar system, we did an entire solar system week in kindergarten. She loved this game so much that she still asks to play it on the weekend! In my mind that is a win.
You may be wondering why I would be sharing a game that I made for my kindergarten daughter as a preschool educational game and my answer is this- it can be use in preschool too!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 token per player
- 1 die
- Solar System Game Board printed (and laminated if you can)
SOLAR SYSTEM GAME RULES
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience.
The rules of this game are quite simple.
1) Before starting, both players roll the die to see who has the highest roll. The person with te highest roll then gets to roll again and start.
2) When the die is rolled, the player moves the exact number of spaces on the game board as the die. Encourage your kids to count the number of dots if they cannot subitize (look at the die and know the numbers instantly) as yet.
3) If you land on a spot with instructions, follow it.
4) The first one to the SUN wins.
5) If someone lands on position 31, they MUST throw a 1 to get to the sun. Only the EXACT number on the die allows you to win.
I do hope that your preschooler will love this game as much as my daughter did.