Love is in the air and J has already asked C to be her valentine. I guess she was listening to the stories in our Valentine’s Preschool Lesson Plan recently. Today I am going to share with you another valentine preschool activity that we did.
I have said it before and I will say it again, I am not a crafty mama and probably never will be. Our craft is simple and my kids loved it, so that’s a win all around.
Valentine’s Day Books for Kids
Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience
Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is CoolDay It Rained HeartsLittle Critter: Happy Valentine’s Day, Little Critter!Llama Llama I Love YouHappy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! (If You Give…)Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime (Junie B. Jones #14)Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really StinkThe Biggest Valentine EverLove from The Very Hungry CaterpillarLove MonsterThe Berenstain Bears’ Valentine Party
What You Need
- simple red tea light holders (we got ours at the dollar store)
- tea lights
- foam heart stickers
- white paint
1. Ensure that the tea holder is nice and clean by either washing it or wiping it down with rubbing alcohol.
2. Give your preschooler the foam stickers and let them decorate 3/4 maximum of the tea light holder.
3. On the unused portion, grab your white paint and q-tips.
4. If your preschooler can write the first letter in their name, have them dip the q-tip in the paint and do so. They can either write it or do dots to form their initial.
And that’s it, I told you it was simple. Jael did one for herself and I did one for Caleb. She then placed her lantern in her room and C’s in his room.
Don’t forget to check out our other Valentine preschool activities.